This position is Remote (East Coast residence is preferred to accommodate multiple time zones).
The Human Resource Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
- Recruits, interviews, hires and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Handles performance management of employees in accordance with company policy and compliance with state, federal, and international employment law.
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Develops and adheres to departmental budget.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Spanish as a second language is a huge plus!
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of domestic and international employment-related laws and regulations, especially USA, Europe & India
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the organization and employees.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite a must.
- Proficiency with BambooHR or the ability to quickly learn HRIS and talent management systems.
- Ability and desire to lead and perform in a fast-paced start-up environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- At least five years of human resource management experience required.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP or HRCI equivalent highly preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.